To create a sustainable society
– Do what we can now –
We agree with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) advocated by the UN and declare that we will link them to our Corporate Behavior Charter, actively make efforts to solve social challenges, and continuously contribute to the creation of a sustainable society.
Major efforts to achieve SDGs
Efforts to promote work-life balance and diversity
We provide work environments where employees can comfortably work and further their own growth.
- Fair (not dependent on gender, academic background, etc.) recruitment standards
- Provision of diverse work styles, promotion of the use of paid leave, and reduction of overtime work
- Promotion of transparent personnel evaluation systems
- Provision of equal education regardless of work style or place of work
Efforts for environmental conservation (in our activities)
We create environmentally friendly business environments to promote environmental conservation, such as the reduction of gas emissions.
- Introduction of hybrid vehicles to our fleets
- Use of natural energy from solar panels
Efforts for environmental conservation (promoted through partnerships)
We put products to use through reuse and recycling instead of simply disposing of them.
In addition, we contribute to the realization of a carbon-neutral world by collaborating with manufacturers.
- Proactive proposal of used products to customers
- Creation of sales channels for recycled products in collaboration with manufacturers
- Handling of products and systems useful for carbon offsetting and activities to promote them
Efforts to contribute to society (communities)
We contribute to the development of communities through active involvement in public facilities, sports facilities, etc.
- Naming rights agreement for ORIX Buffaloes Maishima Buffaloes Stadium
We support the Orix Buffaloes!
Concluded a naming rights agreement for Maishima Buffaloes Stadium
We concluded a naming rights agreement for Maishima Buffaloes Stadium with Osaka City Dome Co., Ltd. in January 2022. With the conclusion of this agreement, signs were put on the backstop and outfield fence of the stadium, and an ad was placed on the mini schedule.
In the future, we will continue to be actively involved in regional vitalization and CSR activities in a variety of fields.
|Details of the agreement||Stadium name:||SUGIMOTO Buffaloes Stadium Maishima|
|Agreement period:||March 1, 2022 – January 31, 2025|
- Registered Operator:
- Gotemba Office
- Certificate No.:
- Registration Date:
- February 19, 2010
- Applied Standard:
- ISO 14001: 2015
SUGIMOTO & CO., LTD. will work to solve environmental problems based on the ISO14001 international standard and realize a society that enables sustainable development.
As a general trading company of measuring instruments, industrial equipment, and machine tools, SUGIMOTO & CO., LTD. will promote the proposal and sale of environmentally friendly production equipment through its business activities, contribute to society while coexisting with the environment, and consider global environmental conservation.
General Employer Action Plan
We have established the following action plan to create an environment in which employees can balance work and childcare and all employees can work comfortably so that they can fully exercise their abilities.
1. Period of the plan
Five years (from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2025)
Improvement of the support system for employees who come back to work after taking childcare leave
- Provide information regularly to employees who are taking childcare leave
- Consider preparing a system that enables employees to work without difficulty after returning to work
Creation of an environment in which employees can take childcare leave easily
- Provide information concerning childcare leave through the company intranet, etc.
- Encourage male employees to take childcare leave and consider improvements to the environment that make it easy to take childcare leave
Encouragement of employees to take leaves to improve their work-life balance
- Encourage employees to take paid holidays in a planned manner and create an environment that makes it easy to take paid holidays
- Provide a special holiday system (birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc.) and consider granting holidays other than paid holidays
Promotion of Women’s Participation and Advancement in the Workplace
We have established the following action plan to create an employment environment in which women can play active roles in the workplace.
By creating an environment in which employees can balance work and childcare and can work comfortably, we will ensure that all employees can fully exercise their abilities.
1. Period of the Plan
Three years (from April 1, 2019, to March 31, 2022)
2. Our Challenges
Although we recruit people regardless of gender, there is a tendency for women to want general office work positions. So, the number of female employees hired for regular positions is not yet sufficient, and female employees are only assigned to specific departments.
3. Goal, Approach, and Period
At least 30% of new hires for regular positions should be women.
Registered as an Osaka Prefecture “Declaration on Vibrant and Vigorous Men and Women” business.
Certified as one of the “Leading Companies with Actively Participating Women in Osaka City.”